HMRC invites agents to joint its new forum
HMRC has invited all agents who are a member of a professional body to join its Agent Forum.
The Agent Forum is hosted in a private area within the HMRC Online Customer Forum and allows agents to discuss topical issues and processes with each other and with HMRC experts.
If you are a member of a professional body and would like to join, here are the steps you need to take to register:
- Click here for the forum page;
- Click on “Register” in the top right hand corner of the page;
- Read and (if you are content) click “I agree to these terms”; and
- Submit the details requested.
Once you have completed step 1, email [email protected]
- Your first name and surname;
- Confirmation of your work email address;
- The name of your firm/organisation;
- The name of your professional body/ies; and
- Your professional body registration number/reference.
Once you have sent your email, the forum team will be in-touch to confirm your acceptance. After this, you will have access to HMRC’s new and improved Agent Forum.
Agent Forum user guidance
If an agent identifies a potential and/or widespread issue, they need to check the forum to determine if this issue has already been raised, including cleared section.
If an issue has been raised and subsequently moved to the cleared section, agents wanting to contribute further need to send an email to the mailbox [email protected]
New issues should be posted as topics in the appropriate subject category they relate to on the forum. All posts should be relevant to that thread and on topic.
The HMRC reviews posts each working day and will research guidance, both internal and external, with a view to providing a resolution. In certain circumstances, HMRC may require evidenced examples of an issue. Requested information should be submitted via the agent mailbox only [email protected]
Agents are asked to refrain from posting personal comments that add nothing to a discussion or client specific information.