How can the institute’s website help me?
The institute’s website can help you, as a member, in many ways. The current site was redeveloped four years ago to coincide with the launch of the new IFA brand.
During the redevelopment process, one of our major considerations was to ensure it conveyed speciﬁc and helpful information so that members learned something new or better understood a topic.
In today’s business world, time is precious. We all crave information instantly and we want that information to be easily accessible and helpful.
As an IFA member you can access all pages on the website by logging in to ifa.org.uk using your member/user ID and password. If you experience any problems logging in please call the membership team on 020 3567 5999 for assistance.
Once logged in, you are directed to the IFA dashboard. Across the top of the page in dark blue are important headings from ‘about us’ to ‘quicklinks’. On the left-hand side of the IFA dashboard page are headings – from personal details to invoices. If unfamiliar with the website and IFA dashboard, take your time to navigate around the various pages.
The IFA website can help members in ﬁve key aspects. It enables you to:
- Record and maintain your continual professional development (CPD) activities through the CPD records section of the IFA dashboard.
- Pay your annual membership fees and to submit your annual mandatory IFA declaration.
- Access valuable, relevant and current technical information and resources through the ‘technical resources’ heading. This section, for example, includes a suite of engagement letters covering a host of services from the preparation of statutory ﬁnancial statements to bookkeeping and tax work.
- Access exclusive services, products and oﬀers via the ‘members’ heading and speciﬁc beneﬁts pages. These pages are split between technical support & advice, lifestyle oﬀ ers, Financial Accountant magazine and the tax portal.
- Keep up to date with and register for IFA events including branch meetings, half- and full-day workshops, regional conferences and online CPD/webinars. IFA events are found via the ‘events’ heading, making ﬁnding and registering for an event eﬃcient and straightforward.
Equally important to all the above advice is that as a member you can use the IFA dashboard to review and update your contact information, personal details and professional interests. Log in to the IFA website and start exploring at ifa.org.uk